- 18.10.2012 - 18.10.2012
- STEAM - Swindon
- eFIG Events
Facing the Future with inspiration, innovation and inventivness
We believe our October conference, is an exciting starting point for growing our industry and bringing our community together. We know times have been hard so we are urging you all to take a fresh look at the interior landscape industry to see how collectively, we can all give it a boost.
Our seminar speakers will add creativity, inspiration and innovation to Face the Future positively. Bringing together the industry is our goal, therefore at the end of the day we will have a panel forum session, where each and every one of you can fire questions to a selective panel.
We are also offering supplier members and non members a designated space to promote their products or business.
Kenneth Freeman of Ambius and eFIG’s ex-chairman, Sustainable, healthy and effective buildings with interior landscaping
- The relationships between physical and psychological comfort in buildings
- Evidence of the restorative effects of nature
- A brief discussion about Sick Building Syndrome and the extent to which interior plants can counter complaints of SBS symptoms
- An understanding of the theory of biophilia and why it helps to explain many of the benefits of landscaping
- Ideas on how to improve well-being with nature-inspired interior landscaping
- How biophilic design is becoming more important in green and sustainable buildings
Dr Craig Knight University of Exeter
- Research robustly indicates that the design and management of offices generally varies from misinformed to shocking. Meanwhile quantitative psychological field studies have consistently increased office productivity by up to 32% and employee well-being by up to 40%.
Mark Laurence of Biotecture, Internal bio-systems for a low-impact future
- In a world of increasing urbanisation, pollution, climate change and resource depletion, our built environments have to radically change how they function over the next decade in order adapt to new realities. Building Biomembranes will create living eco-system services which operate externally and internally, in order to filter and clean air and water, add humidity and climate control, grow food for occupants and provide psychological nurture. Emerging technologies such as vertical hydroponics will be instrumental in delivering these services.
Ann-Marie Powell of Ann-Marie Powell Gardens, Growing concepts
- design principles and ideas from the world of exterior garden design to inspire your interior plantscapes. We'll explore Ann-Marie's own inspirations and schemes to inspire your own plantscapes filled with atmosphere, mood and presence.
Graham Pattison of G4 Consulting, A creative alternative
- Inviting the client to a wider aspect of creativity in interior landscaping
- Looking at products offering a unique balance of design and originality
Steve McCurdyof Majestic Trees, Focus, team and determination – the key to your success!
A clear focus without any distractions, a motivated team lead by an inspirational leader combined with total determination come what may, are often the difference between success and failure in this continuing tough economy. Drawing on his background of interior landscaping he will bring the message to concentrate on what you do well
When: 18 October 2012
Where: STEAM in Swindon – junction 16 off the M4
Cost: £95 + VAT for members
£150 + VAT to include individual membership until May 2013
Space costs: Supplier members £150 + VAT
Supplier non members £350 + VAT
Please book by 8 October
There are opportunities for supplier members and non members to sponsor the event for £150 in addition to space prices. Sponsors will be promoted within all promotional materials and to the media; on the website and will have literature in the eFIG folder handed out on the day.
INSCAPE Evening networking
On the evening before the INSCAPE Conference, we are planning a very informal get together for members who wish to arrive the evening before. This will be a great networking opportunity and a place to catch up with others in the industry.
More details of this will be available shortly.
INSCAPE is sponsored by: